Why you need an
If you have taken your insurance for granted, or assumed that you are covered, please consider the following:
- Flood / Earthquake NOT COVERED on your standard homeowner policy.You may be able to purchase them separately
- Water / sewer backup coverage is NOT flood coverage.This covers your personal property if you have a drain backup.
- Identity theftIf you don’t have it you need it! Protect your good name from one of the fastest growing crimes in The United States.
- Schedule your valuables
- The standard insurance policy limits the coverage for theft on certain classes of personal property like jewelry or fine arts.
- There is no deductible on scheduled property, while you must pay your deductible on an unscheduled personal property loss.
- Major Life Change When a major change happens in your life — a new home, children, or a divorce — it also affects your insurance.
- “Merit Rating”Both home and auto policies are rated based on your insurance score and the type of losses sustained.
- Home Business?The standard homeowner policy has very limited business property coverage and no liability coverage in most cases.
- Low Auto Limits If you think low limits are saving you money, they’re NOT! In the long run low limits could cost you thousands of dollars!
- Rental Car? If you are in an accident with a rental vehicle, will your current company pay for the rental companies’ loss of use? Most don’t!
- Buy an Umbrella Policy
- This is the cheapest way to buy excess liability insurance over your home and auto. $1,000,000 in coverage can be less than $200 per year.
- Excess underinsured or uninsured liability is available not included. This covers YOUR injuries in an accident if “the other guy” does not have high enough limits.